Projects & Grants
VAS is encouraging scientific research and especially multi-center cooperation. On this site you can find offers for scientific cooperation. Please, contact us if you have any other offers.
VAS members can apply for financial support of their projects.
Winner VAS Research grant 2018:
We are very pleased to inform you that the application entitled “Personalised hemodynamic modeling of arteriovenous grafts for prediction of vascular access stenosis and thrombosis”, has been awarded the VAS Research Grant 2018.
Maarten G.J. Snoeijs, MD PhD
Maastricht University Medical Center
Department of Vascular Surgery
Conditions for applicants and their proposal
- Applicant should be a member of the Vascular Access Society
- Topic of proposal: Basic or clinical research related to vascular access for hemodialysis.
- Duration of the project: maximum 2 years
- Percentage of the budget provided by the VAS research grant: maximum 50% of total project costs
- Mid-term report: if the duration of the project exceeds 1 year, a mid-term report on the progress of the project should be submitted 1 year after grant approval
- Final results that are obtained with the research Grant should be published in the Journal of Vascular Access.
- Ethical approval: The proposed research should be approved by the the ethical committee of the institution of the applicant, within 6 months after grant approval.
Deadline for submission: 15th of May 2018
Feedback to applicants: 15th of June
Available budget: 10.000 Euro.
Click here to download the application form
The application form must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• International case-series of brachial artery pseudoaneurysms. In case of interest, please, contact Nicola Pirozzi from Rome, Italy: email@example.com